Delta has invested billions of dollars in airport facilities and global products, services and technology to enhance the customer experience in the air and on the ground. Installing full flat-bed seats in Delta One onboard widebody international aircraft is a major component of Delta's investment.
The investment includes Terminal 4 at New York-JFK and Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal in Atlanta. Delta also spent more than $100 million to expand, renovate and consolidate terminals C and D at New York-LaGuardia Airport and more than $229 million to complete a three-year terminal-wide refurbishment, including the airline's first private check-in lounge, Delta ONE at LAX.
Additionally, customers will see Delta's investment in its more than 45 Delta Sky Clubs throughout the system, power recharging stations in the gate areas at dozens of airports, mobile apps which include features such as baggage tracking, in-flight Wi-Fi and Delta Studio on more than 1,000 aircraft.
Delta customers benefit from a renewed suite of Delta experiences that represent investments in the customer experience through differentiated service offerings. The investments are revealed through a new line of branded products called Delta One, First Class, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin, all of which provide greater choice and premium options that go along with Delta’s signature of providing the highest standards of quality and service. Differentiated amenities and services are offered with each product, setting a new standard for comfort and convenience.
Every detail thoughtfully considered, from start to finish
Delta One customers will enjoy:
- Westin Heavenly In-flight Bedding on 180-degree flat-bed seats. This is available on all long-haul international flights and cross-country flights between New York-JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco
- A selection of regionally-tailored, chef-curated meals which are paired with wines selected by our Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson
- Complimentary Delta Sky Club access before the flight
- Noise-canceling headsets and MALIN + GOETZ items in a TUMI amenity kit
To view complete details visit delta.com/deltaone.
A premium experience that puts customers’ needs first
First Class is a premium cabin offered on domestic routes* except for flights between New York-JFK and Los Angeles or San Francisco, which have Delta One service.
Delta’s First Class customers will enjoy:
- Premium seats with ample legroom
- Wi-Fi, where available, and personalized service
- Premium menu offerings (on select flights), healthier snacks, Starbucks coffee, plus complimentary beer, wine and spirits
- Access to complimentary premium entertainment with Delta Studio where available
- Premium boarding and deplaning to be among the first on and first off
*First Class is also available on select short-haul international flights; Business Class may be offered in place of First Class. The amenities offered in Business Class vary by flight and aircraft.
To view complete details visit delta.com/firstclass.
Enjoy more perks during travel
Delta Comfort+ customers will enjoy:
- More legroom and on select longer flights, extra recline
- Premium snacks and complimentary Starbucks, beer, wine, and spirits on most flights
- Seat location toward the front of the plane, which means customers are among the first off
- Access to Sky Priority boarding and dedicated overhead bin space means Delta Comfort+ customers will be among the first on the plane to get their carry-on stowed
- Wi-Fi, where available
- Complimentary premium entertainment through Delta Studio where available
To view complete details visit delta.com/comfortplus.
A superior experience when traveling on Delta
Delta’s Main Cabin* customers will enjoy:
- Pretzels, peanuts or Biscoff cookies and complimentary Starbucks coffee or non-alcoholic beverage of choice on flights over 250 miles
- Options to purchase beer, wine and spirits on board flights over 250 miles and select flights offer EATS menu selections for sale; complimentary beer, wine and spirits available on most long-haul international flights
- Ability to stay connected with Wi-Fi, where available
- Complimentary entertainment from Delta Studio where available including selections of TV, movies and music
To view complete details visit delta.com/maincabin.
*Passengers who purchase a Basic Economy fare will travel in Delta’s Main Cabin and experience the same superior onboard service as passengers who purchase a Main Cabin fare. To view complete details of Delta’s Basic Economy product visit delta.com/basiceconomy.
Delta already operates the world's largest Wi-Fi-equipped fleet, with more than 3,500 Internet connected flights daily, including its entire fleet of 620 domestic mainline aircraft. More than 940 Delta aircraft, including all Delta Connection two-class regional jets and more than 35 percent of its international fleet are equipped with in-flight Wi-Fi service offering more than 370,000 customers per day access while in the air.
Customers can access free and paid streaming entertainment options through Delta Studio on any of Delta’s Wi-Fi-equipped domestic flights using their own portable electronic devices. With recently announced expanded connectivity options, Delta Studio will be available on Caribbean and Latin American routes operated by domestic aircraft. Delta Studio was introduced in 2014 and features a new customer portal with improved navigation for accessing entertainment options. Customers in First Class and Economy Comfort receive complimentary access to premium content while customers in the Economy have access to a wide selection of complimentary entertainment.
Additional information about Delta Studio is available at delta.com/deltastudio.
During the travel planning process, customers have an icon indicator for in-seat power right in the purchase path on delta.com for each flight where it is offered.
International in-seat power
- Standard power outlets and USB power is available at all BusinessElite seats on Airbus 330 and Boeing 747, 757, 767-300ER, 767-400ER, and 777 aircraft.
- Standard power outlets are available in the first 10 rows of Economy Class, which includes all Economy Comfort seats, on all Airbus 330 and Boeing 747, 757, 767-300ER, 767-400ER and 777 aircraft.
- USB power is available at all seats on Boeing 747, 757, 767-300ER, 767-400ER and 777 aircraft and on select A330* aircraft.
Domestic in-seat power
- Standard power outlets are available at all First Class seats on MD88, Boeing 717, 737-700, 737-800, 737-900ER, 757-200 (with personal entertainment), 767-300, most MD90* and select CRJ900,aircraft.
- Standard power outlets are available in all rows of Economy, which includes Economy Comfort, on all Boeing 717 and 737-900ERaircraft. Standard power outlets are also available at rows 10-12 on most 737-700* and MD90* aircraft.
USB power is available at all seats on 737-700*, 737-800 (with personal entertainment), 737-900ER, 757-200 (with personal entertainment) 767-300 aircraft and at all First Class seats on most MD90* aircraft.
*Installations are in progress on A330, 737-700 and MD90 aircraft.
Airport charging stations
In more than 40 airports where Delta has major operations, we have invested in the airport experience by adding recharging stations for our customers. Every gate will have at least two Delta branded stations that will feature six standard 110 volt outlets and two USB ports per station. Larger gate areas have more than two stations, but the numbers vary from city to city.
Delta branded recharging stations can be found in the following Delta locations including Albany, N.Y.; Atlanta; Anchorage, Alaska; Austin, Texas; Buffalo, N.Y.; Baltimore, Md.; Charlotte, N.C.; Chicago-Midway/O’Hare; Cincinnati; Columbus, Ohio; Dallas/Ft. Worth; Detroit; Denver; El Paso, Texas; Hartford, Conn.; Houston-Intercontinental; Indianapolis; Jacksonville, FL; Kansas City, Mo.; Los Angeles; Memphis, Tenn.; Milwaukee, Wis.; Minneapolis/St. Paul; Nashville, Tenn.; Norfolk, Va.; New Orleans; Newark, N.J.; Oklahoma City, Okla.; Omaha, Neb.; Ontario, Calif.; Philadelphia; Phoenix; Pittsburg, Portland, Ore.; Providence, R.I.; Rochester, N.Y.; Salt Lake City; San Francisco; Seattle; Shreveport, La.; St. Louis, Syracuse, N.Y.; Tampa, Fla. and Tokyo.
Power is also available in Boston and New York-JFK/LaGuardia in Delta passenger gate areas.
Delta Sky Clubs
Delta Sky Club members enjoy access to more than 45 Delta Sky Clubs worldwide.
- More than 10 million members and their guests visit Delta Sky Clubs each year.
- In June 2015, the renovations for the Delta Sky Club location at Los Angeles International Airport were complete. The updated Club offers more space and an improved customer experience, including 100 additional seats; new shower suites and renovated bathrooms; an updated food area with cafe seating; and new furnishings and fixtures.
- In May 2013, Delta opened its largest Club in the renovated JFK Terminal 4 at 24,000 square feet and features the first Sky Deck at Delta Sky Clubs.
- In June 2013, Delta opened a new Club in the new international terminal at Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport including the second Sky Deck at Delta Sky Clubs.
- The newly renovated Club on Atlanta’s Concourse A, near gate A17, is one of the busiest clubs in the Delta system, with more than 50,000 visits monthly, and measures nearly 16,000 square feet.
- The Terminal Club at Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport is the second largest Club in the Delta system at 20,124 square feet.
- Reciprocal lounge privileges are provided to Diamond, Platinum and Gold SkyMiles members, as well as Delta One customers when traveling internationally on Delta SkyTeam partners Aeroflot, AeroMexico, Air Europa, Air France, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, Czech Airlines, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Tarom and Vietnam Airlines.
- Reciprocal lounge privileges on Virgin Australia are provided to First/Business class passengers traveling on a same day international DL, DJ or VA-operated flight; SkyMiles Diamond, Platinum or Gold members traveling on a same day international DL, DJ or VA-operated flight; and Delta Sky Club members.
- SkyTeam member airlines currently offer Delta Sky Club members access to more than 150 lounges worldwide. SkyTeam Elite Plus and Delta One customers have access to 490 SkyTeam lounges worldwide on their date of travel.
Delta Sky Club Features and Amenities
- Complimentary alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages and a variety of snacks are available in all Clubs.
- The updated Delta Sky Club design includes a full service bar with complimentary beverages and snacks throughout the day; art featuring aerial landscapes of the region; personalized flight assistance; updated restrooms; satellite television and a work zone complete with complimentary Wi-Fi, cyber counters with power outlets, desktop computers, wireless printers and additional charging stations.
- The new Delta Sky Club Luxury Bar offers premium wines, champagne and spirits for purchase available at select full-service bar Club locations.
- All domestic Clubs, offer complimentary Wi-Fi to members, guests and visitors.
- Complimentary high-speed broadband ethernet data ports and desktop PCs are available in most Clubs.
- Dedicated staff members in each Club provide assistance with real-time flight information, boarding passes, future flight arrangements and same-day ticketing.
- Satellite/cable TV, newspapers, magazines and fax machines are available in all Clubs.
Additional information is available at delta.com/skyclub.
Delta ONE at LAX
Delta ONE at LAX provides the most innovative premium check-in experience at LAX of any carrier and is consistent with Delta's other premium offerings on-board and at the airport. Customers flying in Delta One enter the terminal through a dedicated curbside entrance, leading to a private, modern check-in lounge with personalized luggage check, high-design atmosphere, and a refreshment bar. Customers also access a dedicated security checkpoint directly from the Delta ONE at LAX lounge.
Sky Priority is a suite of exclusive services designed to improve the travel experience at every step and is available to all of our SkyMiles Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members as well as Delta One, First Class or Business Class customers or SkyTeam Elite Plus, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold, or Virgin Australia Velocity Platinum or Gold members. The services include:
An Exclusive Reservations Line supported by our elite team of personal representatives who are available 24/7 to answer questions when Medallion members call the number on the back of their SkyMiles Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion card.
Faster check-in with areas at the airport to help customers move through quickly and get them through the gate even faster.
Accelerated security with exclusive expedited security lines at select airports. The Sky Priority expedited security lines are offered during peak times and can change locations. Customers should look for Sky Priority signs to locate these lines or simply ask a Delta representative.
The highest boarding priority in zone ‘SKYPRI’ which lets customers secure the best overhead bins, so they can sit back and relax before takeoff.
Expedited baggage service ensures Sky Priority bags arrive first on the carousel, so Sky Priority customers get to where they need to be without delay.