Delta is recognizing its global workforce of 80,000 employees, name by name, in a 50+-hour Facebook Live event, beginning May 17 at 9 a.m. ET. The live broadcast can be seen on Facebook.
One of the longest Live events in Facebook history, Delta’s “Big Thank You” will feature footage from around the world. Employees can visit a microsite to find out when their name will be announced and by whom. “Taking care of our employees is one powerful way to ensure the 180 million customers we serve every year enjoy their Delta experience, said Joanne Smith, Delta’s EVP and Chief HR Officer. “We’re proud of our employees and excited to dedicate 50+ hours to honor each and every one of them.”
Delta worked with Atlanta-based marketing agency Moxie on the campaign concept and development. The teams leveraged more than 430 celebrities, athletes, and business leaders from Delta, its global partnerships, hubs and locations including Atlanta, Shanghai, Seoul, Mexico City, Sao Paolo, Paris, London, Hawaii, Cincinnati, New York, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Dallas, Orlando, Boston, Detroit and Nashville.
The unprecedented appreciation event coincides with the upcoming Memorial Day holiday and the kick-off of the busy summer travel season. Last year, Delta recognized employees by listing each person on a 50-foot tall greeting card which now holds the Guinness World Record for the largest thank you card. Today’s Facebook Live event comes on the heels of Delta being named one of the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, the only airline on the list as well as one of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies.
In addition to the live thanks from well-known Delta friends and family, BlackCatTips, an Atlanta artist, will create a mural that will be a gift to Delta employees and permanently installed at Delta’s General Offices in Atlanta. Filling out the broadcast between and during name-readers will be a balloon animal artist, mime, domino artist, jugglers, caricature artist, ice sculpture artist, massive cake with sparklers, 50-inch pizza, adoptable puppies, a balloon drop, champagne, paper airplanes and more throughout the live broadcasting of Delta’s “Big Thank You.”
Sample well-wishes that will wing across the internet from celebrity personalities to Delta employees include:
- “The sound of the Delta jets taking off was the soundtrack of my childhood…I’ve spent more time with you than I have my own family.” Jeff Foxworthy - Comedian
- “We love you Delta employees.” Marie Osmund – Actress
- “Our team has had a longstanding and great relationship with Delta.” Mike Krzyzewski – Duke Basketball Coach
- “We could not be more appreciative of all of you, what a great job that you do, and the great success that you’ve been having.” Jeffrey Katzenberg – Producer
- “Thank you for the delicious vegetarian meal options when I was pregnant. I can’t wait to hop on another Delta flight very, very soon.” Naya Rivera – Actress
- “We have the best pilots, we have the best crew, and we have the best service.” Brian Kelly – Notre Dame Football Coach
- “I want to lift an ice-cold Coca-Cola in toast to these fine friends and partners.” Muhtar Kent – Chairman, Coca-Cola
- “I’m very happy to be here today to celebrate the awesome people at Delta.” Vito Anzelmi – Virgin Australia
- “Thank you all so very much from the bottom of my heart for all that you do.” Savvy Shields – Miss America
- “We love you guys. I hope you enjoy this! It’s 50 hours of just you, because you’re wonderful.” Yvette Nicole Brown – Actress