Damage and space constraints at Luis Munoz Marin International airport in San Juan continue to limit the number of flights airlines can operate to a total of 10 per day. Delta will operate three round-trip flights Tuesday.
Customers flying out of San Juan on Tuesday should bear in mind the following:
- Flights will utilize larger-than-normal aircraft for the route.
- Flight 443 from JFK-SJU and Flight 302 from SJU-JFK will operate with a Boeing 757-200, with a capacity for 199 customers.
- Flight 559 from ATL-SJU and Flight 506 from SJU-ATL, and Flight 1387 from ATL-SJU and Flight 1595 from SJU-ATL will operate with a Boeing 757-300 with a capacity for 224 customers
- Ticketed customers should arrive at the airport at least two hours before their scheduled flight.
- Delta understands the challenges faced by Puerto Rican customers struggling with communication on the island, and suggests they stay abreast of flight schedules by visiting delta.com, for those who have access to Internet, and by staying tuned to local news media.
Fare caps and fee waivers in San Juan and the Caribbean
Extended a fare cap to all continental U.S. markets to/from San Juan.
- Delta has extended a fare cap to and from San Juan on nonstop itineraries through Oct. 9 at $199 in the main cabin and $399 in First Class.
- A fare cap is now also in place for connecting itineraries to any continental U.S. destination through Oct. 9 at $299 for main cabin service and $499 for First Class.
- The airline added a fare cap for non-stop flights for flights to and from Atlanta and St. Thomas until Oct. 9, as well as for flights to and from Atlanta and St. Maarten until Oct. 1.
- A travel waiver has been issued for passengers flying out of San Juan from Sept. 19-26. The waiver, which allows customers to change plans without incurring a fee, also covers customers from St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Turks and Caicos with tickets issued from Sept. 5 to Dec. 31. Delta advises customers to visit delta.com to check the status of booked flights to the region.
- Delta is temporarily waiving baggage and pet in cabin fees for customers traveling to and from San Juan and several other airports in the region. See delta.com for a full list.