It’s hard to believe the holidays are already here. As customers put on their festive holiday sweaters, pack their bags and prepare for the festivity of the season, here are eight tips to keep in mind while traveling:
- Automatically check-in with the Fly Delta App: Giving customers one less things to worry about this holiday season, the Fly Delta app automatically checks in eligible customers 24 hours prior to their scheduled departure. Customers simply receive an alert via email or push notification, open the app, acknowledge the federal government mandate for restricted items and their boarding pass is there along with all the tools needed for their trip.
- Give the Gift of Go this holiday season: Need a gift for your favorite traveler? With hundreds of destinations and adventures to choose from, the Delta Gift Card opens up a world of travel possibilities. Purchase one for your favorite traveler online at delta.com/giftcards or in-store – now available at more than 27,000 grocery, home improvement, office supply and retail locations across the U.S.
- Stay connected with family and friends in-flight: Get the status update on Thanksgiving dinner while on the way – Delta now offers free mobile messaging via iMessage, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, and is the first U.S. based global carrier to do so. This new, complimentary capability allows customers to stay fully connected with those on the ground and exchange real-time messages in flight with friends and family throughout the holiday season. Customers are able to access free messaging through Delta's Wi-Fi portal page, airborne.gogoinflight.com.
- Catch a Lyft ride or stay at an Airbnb and earn miles: Leave the sleigh at home – SkyMiles members can earn miles for every Lyft ride or every stay with Airbnb, giving SkyMiles members another way to earn miles through their everyday purchases this holiday season and all year long.
- Fly through security with CLEAR: Join CLEAR – now available at 24 airports across the country – and speed through security with just the touch of a finger or blink of an eye. U.S.-based SkyMiles members get exclusive pricing on CLEAR membership through Delta’s partnership with CLEAR. Pro tip: Eligible SkyMiles members who are enrolled in CLEAR can forego a paper or mobile boarding pass in favor of using fingerprints as proof of identity to board their plane at DCA or enter the Delta Sky Club at DCA and ATL-B.
- Get peace of mind that luggage and gifts will arrive on time: Through Delta’s award-winning RFID bag tracking technology, customers receive live push notifications of their bag’s location at critical points, including when the bag is loaded on the aircraft, and all domestic airports offer a map view of the bag's journey via the Fly Delta mobile app, so customers can track their gifts at every step of the way.
- Stay entertained in flight: Delta Studio’s industry-leading in-flight entertainment collection consistently provides the best depth and breadth of content in the skies and is free for all customers on two-class aircraft. Download the Gogo Entertainment app before flying or even in flight to stream all that Delta Studio has to offer.
- Fueling up for the holidays? Delta has a variety of food and beverage options to choose from including a refreshed Flight Fuel buy-on-board menu, a variety of complimentary Main Cabin snacks and free Main Cabin meals on select coast-to-coast routes, to name a few. Those who want to start the celebration early can also now enjoy Prosecco in every cabin on every Delta flight.