Nothing is more important to us and our partner airlines across the globe than your safety, and we are working closely to ensure the well-being of our customers and employees when you fly. The measures that Delta has in place are mirrored across the airlines with the focus on providing booking flexibility, aircraft cleanliness and providing timely information.
Our 10 global airlines are working diligently with their respective government agencies, various national and international health and aviation authorities to monitor health and travel advice with regular updates on their websites as this situation evolves.
Here are three key things to know:
1. Flexibility — Travel waivers mean you can book with confidence
To provide greater flexibility, all airline partners are offering their customers travel waivers with no change fees. Each airline has detailed information about this on their website (links below), as well as any flight schedule changes or route suspensions.
2. Cleaning — Thorough aircraft cleaning and sanitization measures in place to enhance customer safety
All the airlines have existing high standards of maintenance and cleaning procedures but are introducing additional measures to ensure hygienic conditions on board. Here are some of the things the airlines are doing to ensure that the risk of contamination on board an aircraft is minimal.
- Cleaning aircraft using a high-grade registered disinfecting product that has been tested to be effective against viruses.
- Strict hygiene measures are in place with the thorough cleaning of all customer contact surfaces such as the galleys, lavatories, tray tables, seat armrests and headrests, seatbelt buckles, the power supply unit panel, overhead bin door latches and lavatory door handles.
- High Efficiency Particulate Air Filters (HEPA) in the aircraft air circulation system remove dust, allergens, bacteria, viruses and other particles from air in pressurized cabins and cockpits. HEPA has a removal efficiency of 99.999 per cent, and they can also be found in hospital operating theaters. The system also introduces fresh air into the cabin every two to three minutes.
- Precautionary measures on flights, with crews equipped with wipes, vinyl gloves, disinfectant sprays, protective masks and cleaning kits.
- Working closely with their catering teams to maintain the highest standards of hygiene in the preparation and handling of food and tableware.
3. Information — Where to learn more
Each partner airline is regularly updating their website with the latest information: