Look out Austin — Delta Sky Club is coming to the Capitol City. Today, at the Austin Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting, Erik Snell, Delta's Vice President — Operations & Customer Center, announced that Delta would open a new Delta Sky Club at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in spring 2019.
"From our strong operational performance to adding new routes, Delta is committed to serving the residents and business community of Austin," said Snell. "As a part of the airline's efforts to enhancing customers' experience in Austin, this Club will give guests a new space where they can relax during their travel."
This 9,000 sq. ft. circular Delta Sky Club, conveniently located near the Delta gates, will feature:
- Local brews and bites, inspired by Austin's foodie scene
- A full-service, complimentary bar that features seasonal cocktails and wine selected by Delta's Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, stored in a 170-bottle custom glass tower
- Artwork throughout the Club from up-and-coming regional artists
- Unique design that reflects Austin's flair, with warm walnut finishes and rich fabrics
- Covered Sky Deck, an outdoor patio perfect for a cocktail and socializing, equipped with large fans so it can be enjoyed year-round
- High-speed Wi-Fi, comfortable seating and power outlets at nearly every seat
With this new, locally-inspired Club, we are looking forward to bringing the unmatched Delta Sky Club experience and service to our guests in Austin," said Claude Roussel, Managing Director — Delta Sky Club. "Whether guests want to chat on the Sky Deck or relax with a glass of wine at the bar, there will be a variety of experiences to choose from and enjoy while visiting this Club."
This news comes on the heels of yesterday's announcement that beginning May 1, Delta will offer nonstop daily service (except Saturday) from AUS to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. Last year, Delta also added nonstop service to Boston, Seattle and Raleigh-Durham.
The Delta Sky Club at AUS is the most recent example of the airline's investments to enhance the customer experience at Delta Sky Club locations across the network. Over the past 18 months, Delta debuted renovated clubs at Newark Liberty International Airport and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, expanded the Delta Sky Club at Raleigh-Durham International Airport, and opened new flagship clubs at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, which features local, seasonal fare from renowned chef Ethan Stowell. So guests can rest and recharge during travel, Delta also unveiled Asanda Spa Lounges at ATL, SEA and JFK. In the past several months, Delta Sky Club at SEA took home three industry awards, including the coveted International Yacht and Aviation Award in the Airport Lounge category.