Delta is helping you make the most of your time with those who matter most this holiday season. The world’s most reliable airline is offering these nine tips to help all customers navigate this busy travel season like a pro:
- Navigate check-in and the airport with ease with the Fly Delta app: Before you travel, download the Fly Delta app – using your SkyMiles number for easy access, while keep track of all of your flights. It automatically checks in eligible customers 24 hours before scheduled departure, shares real-time updates throughout the journey, sends push notifications when it's time to board, allows you to rebook or select a seat from the palm of their hand, and can even help find eggnog in the airport with the wayfinding feature. Not a SkyMiles Member? No sweat. Enrolling is free and easy. You’ll earn miles that don’t expire and can be used to travel to over 1,000 destinations and more.
- Stay connected with family and friends in flight: Delta offers free mobile phone messaging via iMessage, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, which allows you to exchange real-time messages in flight with friends and family throughout holiday travel. You’ll find instructions on connecting to Wi-Fi in your seatback information card on board.
- Relax knowing your luggage and gifts are in good hands: Through Delta's award-winning RFID bag tracking technology, customers can receive live push notifications of their bag's location at critical points, including when the bag is loaded on the aircraft and when it arrives at baggage claim. All domestic airports offer a map view of the bag's journey via the Fly Delta app, so you can track at every step of the way. And, Delta Cargo and Roadie can now take your packages door-to-door, oftentimes same day with DASH® Door to Door – making getting those gifts to grandma’s house stress free.
- Know when to board with branded boarding: The branded boarding order introduces additional boarding groups, encouraging fewer customers to line up in the gate area and easing crowding during the boarding process. This evolution brings consistency, simplicity, clarity and less stress to boarding, a process that has driven all-time high customer experience scores.
- Join Delta’s mission of sustainability by offsetting your travel: To make responsible flying easier, we’ve upgraded our carbon calculator on Delta.com with a more user-friendly experience and and new partnerships to support reforestation. Customers can now also access the carbon calculator and offset the impact of their flights through the Fly Delta app by tapping the “More” tab. Simply type in your origin and destination airports, then click “Calculate CO2 emissions” and after that, “Offset now.” You’ll be able to read about four projects to which you can donate.
- Use miles to purchase seat upgrades: SkyMiles Members can now use the Fly Delta app to purchase a seat upgrade using miles* instead of cash. The flexible option, made possible by Delta's ongoing digital investments, gives Members the ability to use their miles to upgrade after they’ve purchased a ticket via the Fly Delta App or Delta.com. Miles can be used to upgrade a single leg or multiple legs of a journey.
- Ride with Lyft and earn miles: Move over Rudolph, we've got a Lyft. SkyMiles Members can earn miles on all Lyft rides in the U.S. by linking their SkyMiles and Lyft accounts at delta.com/Lyft, giving SkyMiles Members more ways to earn miles during this holiday season and all year long. Terms and conditions apply.
- Get in the spirit with Delta Studio: With more than 3,000 movies, TV shows and music options, like Spotify podcasts and Hulu favorites, Delta offers more aircraft with seat-back entertainment than any other airline. It’s free in all cabins, and you can check out all that Delta Studio has to offer via your seat-back screens or by streaming to a personal device.
- Give the world, give the Gift of Go™: Visiting your loved ones this holiday season and need a gift-on-the-go? Delta Gift Cards are easy to give, amazing to get: use towards airfare or Delta Vacations packages, with more than 1,000 destinations worldwide to explore. Purchase one for your favorite traveler at delta.com/giftcards, redeem with miles at SkyMiles Marketplace, pick one up at Delta Sky Clubs, or buy in-store at a grocery, pharmacy, home goods or general merchandise store near you.
*Once purchased, upgrades are nonrefundable and cannot be transferred in the case of voluntary itinerary changes.