Nothing is more important to us than your safety, and we are doing everything we can to ensure the wellbeing of our customers and employees when you fly with us.
We have a strong, ongoing relationship with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, the world's foremost experts on communicable diseases, to make sure everything we do meets or exceeds their guidelines.
Information is more important than ever. We pledge to share updates with you as quickly as possible, with full transparency and, as always, with your safety foremost in mind.
A Message from Chief Customer Experience Officer Bill Lentsch
Nothing is more important to us than your safety, and we are doing everything we can to ensure the well being of our customers and employees when you fly with us. We pledge to share updates with you as quickly as possible, with full transparency and, as always, with your safety foremost in mind. Watch a two-minute video of Bill's full message here.
Aircraft cleaning and what we’re doing to keep you safe
Delta has taken proactive and voluntary steps to help customers have a healthy flying experience. This includes a high-grade, EPA registered disinfectant used on all flights, a new fogging process often used by the food industry, state-of-the-art air circulation systems, more hand sanitizer, more gloves for our flight attendants, and additional sanitation procedures for inbound catering equipment at international gateways.
- See how we're setting a new standard with our new 'Delta Clean' commitment here
- Watch a video showing how we prioritize customer safety throughout the travel journey here.
- Read 6 ways Delta is supporting healthy flying here
- See a one-page infographic overview of safety throughout the journey here
What you can do to stay healthy while flying
While Delta has moved quickly to take steps to support a more healthy flying experience, there are many actions health officials recommend for travelers to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to stay healthy while flying. These include washing your hands often, staying home when you’re sick, avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth and more. Click here to read five ways you can stay healthy while traveling.
Changes to our flight schedule, waivers and more
We have waived many change fees and are working with customers to adjust travel plans, using relationships with other airlines when needed. We are also adjusting our schedule in response to White House, State Department and CDC guidance while listening to where customers tell us they want to fly.
- View current travel waivers, as well as information on waived change fees here.
- Read more about how we’ve adjusted our flight schedule here.
Where to learn more
- Delta News Hub news, updates and safety information here
- CDC’s website contains COVID-19 travel alerts, news updates, tips on staying safe and much more. Read more.
- Airlines for America has launched a COVID-19 microsite with updates across the airline industry. Read more.
- International Air Transport Association is publishing regular updates to travel restrictions, which Delta is sharing with customers. Read more.
- For more information on how our partners are responding to keep you safe, click here.