Delta captured four top "gold" awards – including best U.S. First Class, Business Class and Economy, as well as best airport lounge - in the annual Travel Weekly Magellan Awards.
The airline also received silver awards in both Best U.S. Carrier and Best Small Business Airline Loyalty Program for SkyBonus."These awards are a reflection of the hard work and unparalleled customer service of all 80,000 Delta employees around the globe," said Bob Somers, Senior Vice President – Global Sales. "We're building our business around the needs of our customers and, with two more awards than last year, that investment is paying off. From innovative additions like RFID to regularly refreshing our on-board product, these awards confirm what our customers know: No matter where you fly in a Delta plane, you're in for a world class experience."
The airport lounge recognized was a Delta Sky Club opened in the San Francisco airport in 2015. If features locally sourced food and premium spirits, as well as locally inspired art.
Meanwhile, Delta Vacations, the airline's official vacation provider, won five gold awards of its own, including Best Overall Tour Operators, and one silver award. That's one more gold than it received in 2015.
"These awards reflect how hard the Delta Vacations team has worked to deliver strong advertising and marketing messages through the "Let's Vacation" brand campaign," said Delta Vacations President John Caldwell. "Aligning Delta Vacations more closely with the Delta brand has paid off for our business as well as our customers."
The Travel Weekly Magellan Awards honors the best of marketing and advertising in travel. Award winners were selected by a panel of 14 judges with deep expertise, ranging from travel executives to bloggers to a former leader from British Airways and one from Delta.
Winners will be featured in Travel Weekly in October. Winners will also receive a statuette made by the same company that produces the Oscar and Emmy awards.
Below are the awards for both Delta and Delta Vacations:
Delta Air Lines
- Best U.S. Carrier - Business Class
- Best U.S. Carrier – First Class (new for 2016)
- Best U.S. Carrier – Economy class (new for 2016)
- Airport Overall – Airport Lounge; submitted for Delta Sky Club in SFO (new for 2016)
- Best U.S. Carrier - Overall Airline
- Best Small Business Airline Loyalty Program for SkyBonus
- Tour Operators-Marketing-Print Advertising Campaign
- Tour Operators-Marketing-Advertising/Marketing Campaign
- Tour Operators- Marketing-Consumer Web Marketing/ Advertising
- Tour Operators-Overall-Education Program
- Tour Operators-Overall-Overall
- Tour Operators-Marketing-Trade Web Marketing/Advertising