ATLANTA, April 21, 2009 – Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) today reported financial results for the March 2009 quarter. Key points include:
- Delta’s net loss for the March 2009 quarter was $693 million, excluding the special items described below1, or $0.84 per diluted share;
- Excluding $684 million in realized fuel hedge losses and special items, Delta’s results were breakeven.
- Delta’s reported net loss for the March 2009 quarter was $794 million, or $0.96 per diluted share.
- In the March 2009 quarter, Delta realized approximately $100 million in synergy benefits from its merger with Northwest Airlines.
- Delta generated approximately $600 million in operating cash flow and ended the quarter with $5 billion in unrestricted liquidity, which was unchanged from the balance at Dec. 31, 2008.