NEW YORK, Oct. 2, 2007 – Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) is bringing its award-winning in-flight experience to the streets of New York City. The airline will open “SKY360° by Delta,” a multidimensional lounge in the heart of midtown Manhattan created to showcase key elements of Delta’s unique in-flight experience and worldwide destinations.
The 3,500 square-foot space located at 101 West 57th St. (at the intersection of 6th Avenue) will be open for six weeks only, Oct. 3–Nov. 10, showcasing Delta’s on-board experience and worldwide network of destinations. Visitors can also interact with the airline’s state-of-the-art amenities – all within a contemporary, high-style space. SKY360° by Delta will feature:
- Sky High Entertainment: An entertainment/screening area features Delta’s all-leather Coach Class seats and its new international BusinessElite® seats which recline into a fully flat position and will be featured on Delta’s new 777 Long Range aircraft in spring 2008. The seats in SKY360° feature the state-of-the art, Delta on Demand in-flight entertainment system, including movies, HBO programming, TV, music and more. SKY360° guests can:
- Watch their favorite HBO program – “Entourage,” “Sex and the City” or “Sopranos”
- Catch the latest films currently airing on Delta – “Ocean’s 13,” “Knocked Up,” “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix”
- Listen to cool tunes – 90s mix, salsa, country and more
- The Midnight Sky Bar: Serving coffee and complimentary Coca-Cola products by day and cocktails by night, including selections from Midnight Sky, the signature cocktail program created exclusively for Delta by nightlife proprietor Rande Gerber.
- Delta Café Pods: Unique seating pods located throughout the space enable daytime guests to relax and sample selections from Delta’s new food-for-sale menu, featuring creations from Chef Todd English, including Roast Beef Steak Cobb Sandwich, Mediterranean Salad with Grilled Shrimp and Chilled Black Olive Spaghetti Salad.
- The Reservation Area: A computer zone where visitors can check fares and worldwide flight schedules, as well as book reservations via delta.com.
- American Express® Connectivity Lounge and Charging Station: A free charging station for an assortment of mobile devices, including cell phones, BlackBerrys and iPods, sponsored by Delta partner American Express.
- AvisConnect Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi capability throughout SKY360.
“We are excited to provide customers with an opportunity to experience all of the unique, stylish and entertaining elements of Delta’s award-winning in-flight service in the heart of New York City,” said Tim Mapes, Delta’s vice president of Marketing. “SKY360° is an experiential vehicle that enables Delta to highlight our robust array of in-flight offerings and provides a platform for visitors to try out our state-of-the-art amenities.”
Throughout its six-week timeframe, SKY360° will host for the public a variety of daily events and programs related to amenities specific to Delta and travel overall. Evenings will be reserved for a wide variety of private events. Thematic programming and select events include:
- Oct. 2-6: Grand Opening – daily sweepstakes and giveaways;
- Oct. 9-13: International Week – sweepstakes for international tickets on Delta;
- Oct. 16-20: Living Well Week – free massages from Delta’s spa partner, Lather;
- Oct. 23-27: Stress Free Week – packing tips and tricks and aromatherapy from Lather;
- Oct. 30-Nov 3: Food & Wine Week – Filippo Berio Olive Oil samplings;
- Nov. 6-10: Entertainment Week – a gadget lab, showcasing the latest media players, cameras and phones, and a travel photo exhibition.
Evenings at SKY360° will be reserved for a wide variety of private events, Tuesday through Saturday:
- Esquire Magazine: Man at His Best Cocktail Reception – based on 'Man at his Best' editorial platform, guests are invited to experience the newest trends in fashion, luxury goods and culture.
- New Yorker: Cartoons and Cocktails – guests will experience live cartoonist demonstrations, signed sketches, cocktails.
- New York Magazine: International Cinema at SKY360° – in partnership with Rooftop films, the event will showcase international short films.
- Peter Greenberg Book Reception: Cocktail reception to celebrate the newest book from Today Show correspondent Peter Greenberg: The Complete Travel Detective Bible.
Delta Air Lines operates service to more worldwide destinations than any airline with Delta and Delta Connection flights to 310 destinations in 54 countries. Since 2005, Delta has added more international capacity than all other major U.S. airlines combined and is the leader across the Atlantic with flights to 36 trans-Atlantic markets. To Latin America and the Caribbean, Delta offers more than 400 weekly flights to 53 destinations. Delta's marketing alliances also allow customers to earn and redeem SkyMiles on nearly 15,000 flights offered by SkyTeam and other partners. Delta is a founding member of SkyTeam, a global airline alliance that provides customers with extensive worldwide destinations, flights and services. Including its SkyTeam and worldwide codeshare partners, Delta offers flights to 475 worldwide destinations in 104 countries. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes and check flight status at delta.com.
Photos available at http://news.delta.com > Photos