Delta employees, friends and family volunteers showed their "Pride in Flight" at Delta-sponsored events during Pride Month this June. Representatives of the airline's employee group EQUAL also joined their colleagues with Delta gear and banners in parades throughout the U.S. — rain or shine and even in record-breaking temperatures.
Delta served as the Official Airline Sponsor of the following Pride events in June:
- Boston Pride
- Cincinnati Pride
- LA Pride in Los Angeles
- Motor City Pride in Detroit
- New York City Pride
- Seattle PrideFest
- Seattle Pride
- Twin Cities Pride in Minneapolis
- Utah Pride Festival in Salt Lake City
Various other stations also participated in local events to show their Delta Pride.
"Diversity, acceptance and inclusion are core values at Delta and the reason we support Pride events," said Tad Hutcheson, Managing Director — Community Engagement. "We know that a huge part of our success is our culture of inclusion. Our diversity strengthens and defines us."
This year, Delta and JV partner Virgin Atlantic joined in sponsorship of the events in Boston, New York and Seattle. They will also join in support of London's LGBTQ community to sponsor Pride in London on July 7 as well as Atlanta Pride on Oct. 14.
2018 Pride Support by the Numbers:
- 1,150 employees walked in June Pride parades in support of local LGBTQ communities
- 300 employees participated in the New York Pride Festival, the largest Pride festival this year
- 10 company-supported Pride initiatives across cities in the U.S. and the U.K.
- The 100 foot-long flag first used in the Orlando Pride Parade following the Pulse tragedy in 2017 was carried by Delta volunteers during the Pride Parade in New York this year
- Five Pride initiatives supported by the Delta and Virgin Atlantic partnership this year: Atlanta, Boston, New York, Seattle and London
For the second year in a row, Delta was named one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work® and Fortune magazine. Delta was also listed at No. 15 as a "Best Workplace for Diversity."