NEW YORK, Nov. 5, 2012 – Delta Air Lines’ (NYSE: DAL) “Nonstop NYC” challenges customers to use social media and their knowledge of New York City for a chance to be part of an exclusive New York to L.A. experience. Each winner and their guest earn a seat on a Delta charter flight from JFK to LAX. While in flight, winners will experience a meal from Michael Chiarello, who designs the menus for Delta’s transcontinental service, and a tasting featuring wine from the Delta Winemaker Series. Once in LA, winners will dine with Chef Nobu at his newest restaurant in Malibu and attend a private concert from Fun. followed by an exclusive after party at The Bazaar by José Andrés.
"As the largest carrier in New York we are proud to offer our customers a unique way to experience the greatest city in the world through ‘Nonstop NYC’," said Gail Grimmett, Delta's senior vice president – New York. “The winners will enjoy flying our special transcontinental service with customized food, wine and amenities from New York to LA to experience the glitz and glamour that LA has to offer.”
Nonstop NYC is a six-week challenge with multiple ways to win including by finding a Delta Red Coat in New York City using clues given through social media, winning one of the weekly challenges or having the highest score atop the leader board at the end of the promotion by competing in the weekly challenges, checking in on Foursquare or Facebook at Delta or NYC locations and completing other social media tasks.
Nonstop NYC missions for each week are as follows:
- Around the World: NYC or Not – Players will test their visual knowledge of NYC iconic landmarks and destinations. Winners will be determined by most correct answers in least amount of time.
- Wildlife in the City Photo Contest – Customers upload photos of their interpretation of “NYC wildlife” to the contest gallery, share photos and earn votes from the online community.
- Iconic NYC Trivia – Players will compete by trying to correctly answer 10 questions about NYC in the shortest amount of time.
- Name that Dish –Chef Michael Chiarello, creator of Delta’s transcontinental BusinessElite menu, whipped up an exclusive dish that will be served aboard the charter flight. Competitors will create a name for the dish with submissions judged by Chef Chiarello.
- Sky High Up Above ID – Customers will compete in a timed challenge to identify and match bird’s eye view photos of NYC landmarks with the correct location.
- Unhidden Gems: Players will race to be the quickest to fill in the blanks with the name of a local NYC hotspot.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (D.C.), 21 YEARS AND OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Promotion ends: 12/14/12. For Official Rules and prize description, visit www.delta.com/nonstopnyc. Sponsor: Delta Air Lines, Inc., 1030 Delta Boulevard, Atlanta, GA 30320.
About Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines serves more than 160 million customers each year. During the past year, Delta was named domestic “Airline of the Year” by the readers of Travel Weekly magazine, was named the “Top Tech-Friendly U.S. Airline” by PCWorld magazine for its innovation in technology, won the Business Travel News Annual Airline Survey and was the recipient of 12 Executive Travel Magazine Leading Edge Awards for U.S. airlines. With an industry-leading global network, Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to nearly 313 destinations in 58 countries on six continents. Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 700 aircraft. A founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance, Delta participates in the industry’s leading trans-Atlantic joint venture with Air France-KLM and Alitalia. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 13,000 daily flights, with hubs in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New York-LaGuardia, New York-JFK, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City and Tokyo-Narita. The airline’s service includes the SkyMiles frequent flier program, a world-class airline loyalty program; the award-winning BusinessElite service; and more than 50 Delta Sky Clubs in airports worldwide. Delta is investing more than $3 billion through 2013 in airport facilities and global products, services and technology to enhance the customer experience in the air and on the ground. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes, check bags and review flight status at delta.com.