Delta Premium Select, the latest cabin experience from Delta Air Lines, will debut on select international flights in late 2017. Through additional space, elevated service and distinguished amenities provided by partnerships with brands focused on design and quality, Delta is bringing the ‘premium’ back to the premium economy experience.
In 2014, Delta began introducing differentiated experiences for customers through a well-defined range of options, allowing customers to tailor travel to their specific needs. Delta One, First Class, Delta Premium Select and Delta Comfort+ offer enhanced experiences, while Main Cabin and Basic Economy service offer value options. All cabin experiences offer a high level of service and Delta’s unmatched operational reliability.
Delta Premium Select will feature:
- More space with up to 38 inches of pitch, up to 19 inches of width and up to seven inches of recline. Delta Premium seats will also offer adjustable leg rests and head rests;
- Westin Heavenly® In-Flight Blanket with pillow and a TUMI amenity kit featuring Malin+Goetz Travel Essentials, allowing customers to settle in and arrive well-rested;
- Pre-departure beverage service followed by fresh, seasonal menu selections presented with Alessi serviceware designed exclusively for Delta;
- An up to 13.3-inch, high resolution in-flight entertainment screen that is among the largest in its class, allowing customers to stay entertained with Delta Studio’s industry-leading library of complimentary movies, shows and games, and noise-cancelling headphones;
- In-seat power ports for large and small devices and convenient storage to keep them within reach;
- Sky Priority service, which includes faster check-in, accelerated security, priority boarding and expedited baggage service.
“Delta Premium Select is Delta's latest example of paying careful attention to what customers tell us they want and responding with unique products designed to meet their individual needs,” said Tim Mapes, Delta’s Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer.
Delta Premium Select will be available beginning in fall 2017.
The cabin will be introduced on the airline’s Airbus A350s entering service next year. Delta A350s will feature 48 Delta Premium Select seats, as well as 32 Delta One suites and 226 Main Cabin seats. Delta Premium Select will roll out on its Boeing 777 fleet beginning in 2018. Additional fleets may be added.
Delta will also debut the Delta One suite, the world’s first business class cabin to feature a sliding door at each suite, on its A350s in 2017. Designed with an emphasis on exceptional customer comfort and privacy, the Delta One suite offers each customer an individual space accessed by a sliding door with thoughtfully designed personal stowage areas, a widescreen in-flight entertainment system that is one of the largest among U.S. carriers, and premium trim and finishes to create an unparalleled business class experience with a comfortable, residential feel.
Delta has invested billions of dollars in its on-board product and the customer experience with orders for hundreds of new aircraft and a cabin modernization program that includes new seats, seatback and streaming entertainment through Delta Studio, high capacity overhead bins, new lavatories, ambient lighting, access to Wi-Fi on nearly all flights, and other enhancements.
Editor’s note: The name of Delta Premium has been updated to Delta Premium Select.