Delta today reported operating performance for December 2018. The company carried a record 15.3 million customers in the month of December and an annual record 192 million passengers across its broad global network in 2018.
Monthly highlights include:
- Reaching 1 million new Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Members for the second year a row and expanding new SkyMiles Members by a record number in one year
- Winning the Glassdoor Employee's Choice Award for the fourth consecutive year, based entirely on input provided by employees
- Achieving a JUST Capital top 100 ranking for the second consecutive year for top marks in performance on employee culture, customers, product, communities and more
- Announcing a new international route between Minneapolis-St. Paul and Mexico City pending government approval, the third newly announced international route from Minneapolis-St. Paul in 2018, and announcing new nonstop service from Boston for fall 2019 to include additional top business destinations of Washington, D.C., Chicago, Newark, N.J., and Cleveland
The company’s operating performance is detailed in the table below.
Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) is the U.S. global airline leader in products, services, innovation, reliability and customer experience. Powered by its 80,000 people around the world, Delta continues to invest billions in its people, improving the air travel experience and generating industry-leading shareholder returns.
- Delta serves nearly 200 million people every year, taking customers across its industry-leading global network to more than 300 destinations in over 50 countries.
- Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta offers more than 5,000 daily departures and as many as 15,000 affiliated departures including the premier SkyTeam alliance, of which Delta is a founding member.
- Through its innovative alliances with Aeromexico, Air France-KLM, Alitalia, China Eastern, GOL, Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia and WestJet, Delta is bringing more choice and competition to customers worldwide.
- Delta operates significant hubs and key markets at airports in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK and LaGuardia, London-Heathrow, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City, São Paulo, Seattle, Seoul-Incheon and Tokyo-Narita.
- Delta has been recognized as a Fortune’s top 50 Most Admired Companies in addition to being named the most admired airline for the seventh time in eight years. Additionally, Delta has ranked No.1 in the Business Travel News Annual Airline survey for an unprecedented eight consecutive years and for 2018 was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies Worldwide.
- As an employer, Delta has been regularly awarded top honors from organizations like Glassdoor and recognized as a top workplace for women and members of the military. Delta CEO Ed Bastian was named among the “World’s Greatest Leaders” by Fortune magazine in 2018.
- More about Delta can be found on the Delta News Hub as well as delta.com, via @DeltaNewsHub on Twitter and Facebook.com/delta.