Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) today reported operating performance for February 2019. The company carried 13.3 million customers across its broad global network, a record for the month of February.
Monthly highlights include:
- Celebrating the commitment and hard work of the Delta people through $1.3 billion in profit sharing, the second largest profit sharing pool in the airline's history
- Introducing a paid day of service for all 80,000 employees to volunteer, allowing employees to invest further in the communities and charitable organizations of their choice
- Welcoming customers on the inaugural flights of Delta's state-of-the-art A220, debuting from Delta's New York-LaGuardia hub to Dallas/Ft. Worth and Boston
- Recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies Worldwide for the second consecutive year for our ongoing advancements in customer experience through new technology
- Ranking among Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the third consecutive year based on survey feedback from employees
The company's operating performance is detailed in the table below.
Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) is the U.S. global airline leader in products, services, innovation, reliability and customer experience. Powered by its 80,000 people around the world, Delta continues to invest billions in its people, improving the air travel experience and generating industry-leading shareholder returns.
- Delta serves nearly 200 million people every year, taking customers across its industry-leading global network to more than 300 destinations in over 50 countries.
- Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta offers more than 5,000 daily departures and as many as 15,000 affiliated departures including the premier SkyTeam alliance, of which Delta is a founding member.
- Through its innovative alliances with Aeromexico, Air France-KLM, Alitalia, China Eastern, GOL, Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia and WestJet, Delta is bringing more choice and competition to customers worldwide.
- Delta operates significant hubs and key markets at airports in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK and LaGuardia, London-Heathrow, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City, São Paulo, Seattle, Seoul-Incheon and Tokyo-Narita.
- Delta has been recognized as a Fortune's top 50 Most Admired Companies in addition to being named the most admired airline for the eighth time in nine years. Additionally, Delta has ranked No.1 in the Business Travel News Annual Airline survey for an unprecedented eight consecutive years and named one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies Worldwide for two consecutive years.
- As an employer, Delta has been regularly awarded top honors from organizations like Glassdoor and recognized as a top workplace for women and members of the military. Delta CEO Ed Bastian was named among the "World's Greatest Leaders" by Fortune magazine in 2018.
- More about Delta can be found on the Delta News Hub as well as delta.com, via @DeltaNewsHub on Twitter and Facebook.com/delta.