Delta Air Lines today reported operating performance for January 2019. The company carried 14.1 million customers across its broad global network.
Monthly highlights include:
- Announcing the extension of the Airbus A220 order book by 15 additional aircraft for a total of 90 aircraft and converting 35 existing A220-100 orders into the larger A220-300 variant, consistent with Delta's ongoing fleet modernization
- Continuing our journey to improve customer satisfaction through new branded boarding on all Delta flights, the latest step in Delta's multi-year evolution to improve the airport experience for our customers
- Celebrating the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in several ways, including Delta serving as a presenting sponsor of the King Center's Salute To Greatness and The Delta Air Lines Foundation issuing a grant to the National Park Service to re-open the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park in Atlanta during the government shutdown
- Advancing the fight against human trafficking through the rollout of a nationwide campaign that provides awareness on trafficking in airports and in flight, adding to the training of more than 61,000 Delta employees
- Ranking as the best U.S. airline by the Wall Street Journal for the second year in a row and as the world's most on-time airline by FlightGlobal
- Achieving Delta's highest overall ranking in Fortune's Most Admired Companies for 2019 and ranking first for the eighth time in the past nine years as Fortune's Most Admired Airline
The company's operating performance is detailed in the table below.
Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) is the U.S. global airline leader in products, services, innovation, reliability and customer experience. Powered by its 80,000 people around the world, Delta continues to invest billions in its people, improving the air travel experience and generating industry-leading shareholder returns.
- Delta serves nearly 200 million people every year, taking customers across its industry-leading global network to more than 300 destinations in over 50 countries.
- Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta offers more than 5,000 daily departures and as many as 15,000 affiliated departures including the premier SkyTeam alliance, of which Delta is a founding member.
- Through its innovative alliances with Aeromexico, Air France-KLM, Alitalia, China Eastern, GOL, Korean Air, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia and WestJet, Delta is bringing more choice and competition to customers worldwide.
- Delta operates significant hubs and key markets at airports in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Boston, Detroit, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Minneapolis/St. Paul, New York-JFK and LaGuardia, London-Heathrow, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City, São Paulo, Seattle, Seoul-Incheon and Tokyo-Narita.
- Delta has been recognized as a Fortune’s top 50 Most Admired Companies in addition to being named the most admired airline for the eighth time in nine years. Additionally, Delta has ranked No.1 in the Business Travel News Annual Airline survey for an unprecedented eight consecutive years and for 2018 was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies Worldwide.
- As an employer, Delta has been regularly awarded top honors from organizations like Glassdoor and recognized as a top workplace for women and members of the military. Delta CEO Ed Bastian was named among the “World’s Greatest Leaders” by Fortune magazine in 2018.
- More about Delta can be found on the Delta News Hub as well as delta.com, via @DeltaNewsHub on Twitter and Facebook.com/delta.