Atlanta has been Delta's headquarters since 1941 and is the airline's largest hub worldwide. Consequently metro Atlanta and Georgia enjoy a considerable economic boost from Delta.
Delta is a major supporter of jobs in Georgia
- With 33,000 employees statewide, Delta is Georgia’s No. 1 private employer, directly responsible for $43.5 billion in economic impact a year.
Delta is one of Georgia’s most powerful engines for economic growth
- Delta contributes $300 million annually to Georgia state and local governments through taxes and fees.
- The company paid its Georgia employees $500 million in profit sharing in 2017, resulting in $30 million in income tax withholdings.
- Delta pays more than $200 million a year in operating expenses to Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, supporting airport police, fire, security and other functions.
- Direct flights out of Atlanta have supported nearly $11 billion in foreign investment in Georgia since 2011 and the creation of more than 42,000 jobs in Georgia.
Expansion of Atlanta hub has created one of the world’s leading gateways, and Delta continues to invest
- In the past six years, Delta has increased international flight growth in Atlanta by 18 percent and overall growth in the market by 14 percent. During the peak schedule, Delta offers 2 million seats per week in Atlanta.
- Delta has worked with Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport leadership to implement more than billions of dollars in projects that have reshaped the airport into a world-class facility, providing the bulk of the funding via direct contributions and airport fees.
- Current Delta investments of $5 billion towards Hartsfield-Jackson improvements support the airport’s growth and development.
Delta is a strong supporter of Georgia communities
- Delta contributed $12 million to Georgia arts organizations, charities and academic institutions in 2017.
- Delta employees are significant contributors of money and manpower to numerous community and nonprofit organizations.
Sources: Delta Air Lines, State of Georgia, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.