ATLANTA, Dec. 4th, 2012 — Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) this week unveiled its new BusinessElite menu for flights to and from South America. The menu takes the pleasure of eating on board to a new level with regionally inspired meals designed by Chef Michelle Bernstein.
“Part of being the best U.S. airline in Latin America is about constantly listening to our customers and responding accordingly”, said Nicolas Ferri, vice president— Latin America and the Caribbean. “The enthusiastic response to the new menus launched in BusinessElite earlier this year prompted us to work with Chef Bernstein to expand our offerings to include more regionally inspired dishes.”
The new menu, which includes Latin inspired cuisine not only as the main course but also on the first course, is completely designed by Chef Bernstein. In addition, Delta is expanding the number of flights that offer BusinessElite customers the option of selecting an express meal served earlier in the flight, which increases their time to work or rest. The express meal option is offered on select flights that depart at 9 p.m. or later.
“I am thrilled to have a larger part in creating the menus for Delta,” Bernstein said. “Customers will now try some of my Latin inspired appetizers including some favorite ingredients of mine from Spain to Argentina and Brazil to Mexico.
“Each recipe has been inspired through my travels in Latin America and there are also some favorites I have enjoyed through the years in my restaurants and at home,” she said. “These recipes are very dear to me and I hope you enjoy them. ¡Buen provecho!”
Michelle Bernstein’s menu will be featured in all south and northbound flights in Latin American routes where BusinessElite services are provided. There are three different menus rotated monthly which will feature meals such as:
From the U.S
· Roasted Salmon with Black Lentils and Fennel Salad
· Creamy Cauliflower Soup
· Mixed Green Salad with Jícama, Yellow Peppers, Almonds and Tomatoes
Main Course Selections
· Braised Short Ribs in Oaxacan Mole Sauce offered with sautéed Spinach and Butternut Squash
· Lemon Braised Chicken Breast accompanied by Corn Potato Mousseline and Broccoli Rabe
· Three Cheese Ravioli tossed with Parmesan Sauce and Zucchini
· Cold Plate - Curried Crab Salad with Avocado and Orange
To the U.S.
· Tortilla Espanola with Brescola, Manchego Cheese and Tomato Jam
· Creamy Carrot Soup
· Spring Mix Salad with Sweet Peppers, Radish and Walnuts
Main Course Selections
· Pan seared Beef Filet with Confit Potatoes, Broccolini and charred Tomato Salsa
· Chicken Breast stuffed w/Mushrooms and Provolone Cheese accompanied by Chicken Gravy Brussels Sprouts and Whipped potatoes
· Rigatoni in Creamy Tomato Sauce with Roasted Tomatoes
· Cold Plate – Shrimp with Cauliflower, Snap Peas and Gazpacho Vinaigrette
Dessert Selections on both directions include:
· Selection of Fine Cheeses offered with fresh Fruit
· Vanilla Ice Cream Sundae with choice of sauces, whipped cream and nuts
· Crème Brûlée Cheesecake (South America bound) or Chocolate Tartlet (U.S. bound)
Delta announced in November its 2013 BusinessElite wine offerings selected by Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson including wines from
Delta Air Lines serves more than 160 million customers each year. During the past year, Delta was named domestic "Airline of the Year" by the readers of Travel Weekly magazine, was named the "Top Tech-Friendly U.S. Airline" by PCWorld magazine for its innovation in technology, won the Business Travel News Annual Airline Survey and was the recipient of 12 Executive Travel Magazine Leading Edge Awards for U.S. airlines. With an industry-leading global network, Delta and the Delta Connection carriers offer service to nearly 315 destinations in 59 countries on six continents. Headquartered in Atlanta, Delta employs 80,000 employees worldwide and operates a mainline fleet of more than 700 aircraft. A founding member of the SkyTeam global alliance, Delta participates in the industry's leading trans-Atlantic joint venture with Air France-KLM and Alitalia. Including its worldwide alliance partners, Delta offers customers more than 13,000 daily flights, with hubs in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New York-LaGuardia, New York-JFK, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Salt Lake City and Tokyo-Narita. The airline's service includes the SkyMiles frequent flier program, a world-class airline loyalty program; the award-winning BusinessElite service; and more than 50 Delta Sky Clubs in airports worldwide. Delta is investing more than $3 billion through 2013 in airport facilities and global products, services and technology to enhance the customer experience in the air and on the ground. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes, check bags and review flight status at delta.com.