For 17 years, the Star Awards program has honored suppliers and Delta team members who champion supplier diversity.
“We are committed to a supply chain that reflects the wonderful diversity of our customers worldwide,” said Greg May, Senior Vice President – Supply Chain Management and Fleet Operations. “Supplier diversity enables us to partner with smaller companies that bring different ideas and ways of doing things to the table.”
Star Awards honorees are nominated and selected by a review committee based on several categories including quality, value creation, innovation, customer service, cost savings and community involvement.
This year’s winners include:
- Small Business of the Year – Scheduling Systems, Inc.
- Minority-owned Business of the Year – SodexoMAGIC
- Woman-owned Business of the Year – Buzz Export Services
- New Corporate Real Estate Business of the Year – Max Gray Construction
- Corporate Real Estate Business of the Year – Arconcepts, Inc.
- Team of the Year – Delta In-Flight Service
- TJP (Tiffany Jackson-Pugh) Advocate of the Year – Mark Petro, Delta Technical Operations Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing Manager – Avionics
Joset Wright-Lacey, President – National Minority Supplier Development Council, provided the keynote address, highlighting Delta and its partners’ advocacy of and leadership in diversity. In addition, following the event, she met with Delta’s Supply Chain Management leaders and supplier diversity champions from divisions throughout the company to share best practices and discuss the value of diversity in business development.
“Diversity is becoming a critical part of our society that we have to address strategically and appreciate its value,” Wright-Lacey said. “Your commitment to diversity and inclusion is making a difference.”
The Star Awards program and the company’s partnerships are built on Delta’s core values of honesty, integrity and respect.“We are very grateful for the many suppliers that work so hard to assist us in delivering excellence in every area of our business,” said Karmetria Burton, General Manager – Supply Chain Management, Supplier Diversity. “The relationships we share with our diverse suppliers are driven by collaborative engagement. Working together, we are able to achieve mutual success.”