Delta celebrated its top diverse suppliers and supplier diversity advocates at the company’s 18th annual Star Awards recognition event on March 22 at the Delta Flight Museum in Atlanta.For 18 years, the Star Awards program has honored the contributions of Delta’s top small-business, minority-owned and women-owned suppliers, as well as internal Delta team members who champion supplier diversity.
Ed Bastian, Delta’s CEO, provided the keynote address, highlighting Delta and its partners’ advocacy of diversity and inclusion.
“As a global airline, our strength lies in the diversity of our employees, our customers and our business partners,” said Bastian. “This is not only a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the success we’ve had together, but also at the same time to reaffirm our commitment to improve. The diverse backgrounds and ideas that Delta people and our partners share are driving the spirit of innovation as we transform our business.”
Star Awards honorees are nominated and selected by a review committee based on several categories including quality, value creation, innovation, customer service, cost savings and community involvement.
This year’s winners include:
- Small Business of the Year – Aviation Repair Technologies, LLC
- Minority-owned Business of the Year – Aerothrust Holdings, LLC
- Woman-owned Business of the Year – MESH Experience
- Corporate Real Estate Business of the Year – Green Heart Enterprises
- Delta Team of the Year – Corporate Real Estate
- TJP (Tiffany Jackson-Pugh) Advocate of the Year – LaShawn Douglas
- TJP (Tiffany Jackson-Pugh) Advocate of the Year – Margarita Paz
- Trailblazer of the Year – Bruce McMillian, African Ascension
The Star Awards program and the company’s partnerships are built on Delta’s core values of honesty, integrity and respect.
“We are very grateful for the many suppliers that work so hard to assist us in delivering excellence in every area of our business,” said Karmetria Burton, General Manager –Supplier Diversity. “Our strategy is based on our collaboration, partnership and shared values. Working together, we are able to achieve mutual success.”
The Star Awards event has chronicled the growth and enhancement of Delta’s Supplier Diversity program, and is a reflection of Delta’s commitment to an inclusive culture.