Delta will offer Bostonians additional nonstop access to Cancun, Mexico, beginning Jan. 8, 2018, with expanded nonstop service from Boston Logan International Airport, the latest addition to Delta’s growing nonstop flight options for Boston customers.“As part of our ongoing commitment to becoming Boston’s carrier of choice, we’re very excited to increase service to Cancun, a popular leisure destination for Bostonians,” said Joe Esposito, Delta’s Vice President – Network Planning, Americas. “Our Boston customers will now have additional options to escape to the beaches and resorts of Cancun with Delta’s industry-leading operational reliability, innovative onboard products and thoughtful service from Delta people.”
The route will be operated by Airbus A319 and Boeing 737-800/900ER aircraft, featuring First Class, Delta Comfort+ and Main Cabin seating. Service will be offered five times weekly during January and will increase to daily in February and March. All aircraft and flights provide Boston customers with complimentary in-flight entertainment, beverages and power ports in every class of service.
In addition to this expanded service, Delta has announced 12 new markets from Boston in 2017, including:
- Tampa twice daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of February.
- Dublin, Ireland, seasonal daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of May.
- San Francisco twice daily on Boeing 757-200 aircraft as of June.
- Buffalo, N.Y., three times daily on Bombardier CRJ-200 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air) as of August.
- Austin, Texas, daily on Airbus A319 aircraft as of September.
- Kansas City daily on Bombardier CRJ-900 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air) as of September.
- Jacksonville, Fla., daily on Embraer E170 aircraft (operated by Republic Airline) as of September.
- Norfolk, Va., daily on Bombardier CRJ-700 aircraft (operated by ExpressJet Airlines) as of September.
- Pittsburgh, Pa., twice daily on Bombardier CRJ-900 aircraft (operated by Endeavor Air).
- Miami, Fla., Saturdays on Airbus 319 aircraft as of December.
- Charleston, S.C., Saturdays on CRJ-700 aircraft (operated by GoJet Airlines) as of March 2018.
- New Orleans, La., Saturdays and Sundays on Embraer E175 aircraft (operated by Republic Airline) from Feb. 10 – April 1, 2018.
Delta’s leading global network in Boston
Recent Boston service investments bring Delta to 103 peak-day departures in October 2017, an increase of 20 departures versus July 2016. Delta and its partners will serve 46 total destinations from Boston in 2017, including 17 international destinations and the largest transatlantic network.
Delta is the No. 1 carrier between Boston and New York, connecting business travelers with the Delta Shuttle, operated by Delta and its connection partner Republic Airline, with hourly service 16 times daily on week days between Logan Airport and New York City’s LaGuardia Airport as well as offering eight daily flights to New York - JFK.
Serving Boston customers with premium products and amenities
Delta is committed to enhancing the customer experience in Boston, and offers more first class seats than any other carrier. Delta Sky Club operates two locations in Terminal A providing customers with several healthy and fresh food choices and a number of complimentary drink options including local Samuel Adams craft beer and Starbucks coffee. THE BAR at Delta Sky Club offers wines and premium spirits. SkyMiles members can use miles for premium drinks with a swipe of their boarding pass.
Delta offers full flat-bed seats in Delta One on all flights to Europe as well as Boston’s No. 1 domestic destination, San Francisco. Delta One customers enjoy Westin Heavenly In-Flight Bedding featuring a full-size pillow and quilted comforter, chef-designed cuisine, a wine program curated by Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, a TUMI amenity kit featuring Kiehl’s Since 1851 skincare products and an Alessi-designed collection of serviceware. Customers flying in Delta Comfort+ will benefit from up to four additional inches of legroom and 50 percent more recline than Main Cabin seats, as well as priority boarding, and every customer will enjoy Delta Studio, which includes hundreds of complimentary movies, TV shows, songs and games as well as Wi-Fi access on all aircraft except CRJ-200s.