From donating and assembling 1,250 bikes during the holidays and planting 68 trees in downtown Atlanta to improve the tree canopy to donating 11,347 pints of life-saving blood and more, Delta people served communities across the world, even during uncertain times.
"Giving back to the communities where we live, work and serve is a part of our DNA at Delta, and it has never been more important," said Tad Hutcheson, Managing Director – Community Engagement. "Even in a pandemic, our people want to roll up their sleeves and help. Whether through giving blood, providing food and supplies to those in need or bringing smiles to children's faces during the holidays with bikes built by TechOps employees, Delta people care, and it shows."
SUPPORT FOR OUR COMMUNITIES
Delta maintained our commitment to serving our communities and supporting our partners by:
- Donating 11,347 pints of blood to the American Red Cross in 2021
- Partnering with The Trust for Public Land and Atlanta Public Schools to build two playgrounds in 2021
- Renaming Atlanta headquarters building in honor of Civil Rights Icon Ambassador Andrew Young and making a $1 million contribution to the Andrew J. Young Foundation, whose mission is to support and promote education, leadership and human rights
- Building 1,250 bikes, donating 20 boxes of toys and contributing $550,000 to Toys for Tots
SHARING TIME AND TALENTS
Delta people volunteered their time and talents by:
- Helping to build a home in Los Angeles, the 276th home built by Delta volunteers with Habitat for Humanity since the partnership began in 1995
- Volunteering at local food banks to help provide nutritious food for those in need
- Planting trees in downtown Atlanta with Central Atlanta Progress and Trees Atlanta
- Helping military families select winter gear in Alaska with the Armed Services YMCA
In recognition of these efforts, Delta received numerous awards and distinctions throughout the year, including:
- Named an honoree of the Civic 50 by Points of Light, the world's largest organization dedicated to volunteer service, for the fourth consecutive year.
- No. 1 American Red Cross corporate blood drive sponsor for fourth straight year
Delta news in your inbox
Interested in receiving weekly news and other updates from Delta Air Lines? Sign up to be added to our newsletter emailing list. You may unsubscribe from our list at any time. This information is not sold or disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes.