Ramos’ audience reaches even beyond his 2 million nightly U.S. viewers: Noticiero Univision is also broadcast to 13 Spanish-speaking nations outside of the United States.
“Ramos’ formidable role in the media landscape speaks to the rapidly shifting demographics in the United States,” notes Delta CEO Ed Bastian in his monthly letter in Sky. “When it comes to the burgeoning U.S. Hispanic market, our efforts to forge a bond with customers have been considerable. The most noticeable has been our push to expand Delta’s footprint in Latin American and Caribbean markets, with flights to 32 countries and 57 destinations in the region. We also continue to grow via our unique investment partnerships with Latin American powerhouse Aeroméxico and Brazilian carrier GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes.”
5 Other Things to Know This Month, from Sky:
- The new Flight Fuel onboard menu, featuring wholesome, healthful selections and ingredients that reflect the seasons, is now available for purchase on flights of over 900 miles within North America.
- Delta people, family and friends in Los Angeles, New York City, Salt Lake City, Detroit, Minneapolis-St.Paul, Indianapolis, Nashville and Seattle will be celebrating diversity as the airline sponsors PRIDE festivals and parades across the country.
- Flavors of summer arrived at international Delta One on June 1 as a summer wine program and menus launched. Customers can order new seasonal wines as well as dishes prepared with locally sourced ingredients.
- Fans of baseball’s Braves, Mets, Nationals, Tigers, Twins and Yankees can win a trip to 2017 spring training with Delta Dugout. Customers can go to deltadugout.com through Sept. 19 to enter the Catch a Flight sweepstakes.
- Through its new partnership with Amsterdam- based Transavia, Delta’s network now includes Marrakech and Casablanca in Morocco; Málaga, Alicante, Ibiza, Seville and Valencia in Spain; and Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Sarah Elbert is Executive Editor of Sky