While Delta has committed to a superior level of cleanliness, more space and safer service to ensure customers can travel with confidence, we’re also continuing to offer added flexibility if their travel plans change during the COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why we’re extending our change fee waiver for new flights purchased through July 31, providing customers the option to change their plans without a fee for a year from the date of purchase.
For customers whose plans have been impacted by schedule changes or want additional reassurance about upcoming travel, we’re also providing greater flexibility to re-book travel through Sept. 30, 2022. Eligible customers include those who have:
- Upcoming travel already booked between now and Sept. 30, as of April 17, 2020
- Canceled travel from flights between March 2020 and September 2020
Check Delta’s Coronavirus Update Center for questions on how to change your flight, other FAQs and more.
Supporting a safe flying experience for both customers and employees is at the center of everything we do. Some of these measures include, but are not limited to:
- Blocking middle seats and capping seating at 50% in First Class and 60% in other cabins to give customers more space
- Sanitizing 100% of flights before boarding with electrostatic sprayers
- Boarding from back-to-front to reduce the need for customers to pass by one another
- Streamlining food service to reduce touch points on board
- Cleaning cabin air with advanced air filtration systems known as HEPA filters
- Requiring all customers to wear a face covering across Delta touchpoints