- Delta offering new in-home testing options for purchase that provide results in minutes
- CDC-accepted tests give customers peace of mind as international travel reopens
Delta customers now have more ways to meet COVID-19 test requirements introduced by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and many international governments during the pandemic. Convenient and accurate in-home rapid antigen tests that can be shipped directly to a home address or picked up locally are now available for purchase on delta.com.
“Even as the U.S. achieves widespread immunity through vaccinations, many international countries lag behind the U.S. in vaccination rates. Testing and proof of a negative test result within 72 hours of travel remain core components for entry to many international destinations as well as to return to the U.S. during the global pandemic,” said Henry Ting – S.V.P. & Chief Health Officer. “These new purchase and pack COVID-19 tests offer a convenient option to provide proof of a negative test result and enable a seamless experience for our customers.”
In partnership with AZOVA, now available Ellume COVID-19 Home Tests are single-packaged and offer highly accurate results in minutes. Results sync directly to a compatible smartphone, are authorized for use for children age two years and older and are compliant with government reporting requirements. Tests are available for purchase today via delta.com for $50.* In-home PCR testing options from other third-party testing providers continue to be available as well.
These options enable customers headed abroad to travel with control. To ensure testing requirements are met:
- Use the Delta Discover Map to plot your origin and destination, and click “search.” In seconds, see the latest detailed information around test requirements, quarantine restrictions, additional paperwork needed and other local government information. If a negative test is required, the map will detail the types of tests accepted. As a reminder, the U.S. government requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test for all air passengers entering the U.S. (including U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents), regardless of vaccination status.
- Once you identify the test(s) accepted for your itinerary, visit Delta’s testing resources page to learn about the in-home and in-person options that meet your destination’s guidelines. Do your research – not all destinations accept the same type of test, so choose the best option for you.
- Once results are available, bring your results throughout your day of travel and confirm if any government-specified pre-departure test result registration documentation is required. Customers entering the U.S. can directly upload their negative test results prior to check-in.
Delta recently announced Delta FlyReadySM – a digital health credential solution that saves customers time by allowing them to verify test results prior to arrival at the airport. Currently, the solution is available on a limited basis for customers traveling on Delta or Virgin Atlantic-operated flights between the U.S. and U.K..** The airline plans to introduce more routes in the future.
Initially, the solution will help customers manage testing requirements, but Delta plans to integrate vaccination credentials into Delta FlyReady later this summer – great news for customers looking to travel to Delta FlyReady-eligible destinations that require proof of vaccination for entry in the future.
Delta is also offering a bundled testing option for customers traveling to the U.K. Available for purchase on delta.com,*** in a couple of clicks, customers can purchase all the tests they need to meet entry requirements for travel to the U.K. in one curated bundle shipped to your door.****
Those booking a vacation package can trust Delta Vacations to Go Beyond the Flight to provide destination-specific travel information, flexible booking policies, 24/7 customer service and hold hotel and tourism partners accountable to the Delta CareStandard. Check out the latest updates from Delta Vacations’ hotel and resort partners on new health and safety procedures.
Delta is giving customers even more ways to reclaim the joy of travel, all underpinned by our science-backed health and safety efforts. Learn more about what the airline is doing to make it easy to plan upcoming international travel, manage entry restrictions and earn Medallion Status.
Learn more about which trans-Atlantic destinations are open, and how Delta is building a digital blueprint to restore a pre-COVID travel experience.
* Includes both a test and observation service. Additional shipping costs may apply. Customers can purchase the test and observation service independently if desired.
** Eligibility restrictions may apply.
*** Customers traveling on Virgin Atlantic-operated flights and using Virgin Atlantic FlyReady will have different testing options available. Visit here for more information.
**** Bundles contain a combination of rapid antigen tests and PCR tests, and are curated in partnership with AZOVA to ensure customers meet necessary testing requirements for entry. Customers traveling from U.K. into the U.S. can also purchase a testing bundle from a U.K.-based provider. For information on the testing requirements currently in place for entry into the U.K., visit here.
The Ellume COVID-19 Home Test has not been FDA cleared or approved; but has been authorized by the FDA under an emergency use authorization. This product has been authorized only for the detection of proteins from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens, and is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the declaration is terminated or authorization is revoked sooner.