llison Ausband, Senior Vice President – In-Flight Service, was selected to serve on the First Lady of Georgia, Marty Kemp's, Georgians for Refuge, Action, Compassion, and Education or (GRACE) Commission to combat human trafficking.
Speaking of the appointment and Delta's work to combat trafficking since 2011, Ausband told Alex Gailey of the Atlanta Business Journal, "We are honored to be selected to serve on the commission, as supporting legislation that supports victims and survivors is key to our strategy to fight human trafficking."Over 61,000 Delta employees have been trained to observe the signs and take action whether at work, at home and or on vacation.
Ausband has been passionate about advocating against exploitation throughout her time at Delta and, in addition to the GRACE Commission appointment, she is also serving as a representative for all airlines on the Sexual Misconduct Task Force. The group had their first official meeting last week.
In a press conference on Tuesday live streamed via Facebook, First Lady Kemp announced the names of all 22 appointments to the taskforce (see full list below).
According to Fox 5, "First Lady Kemp says human trafficking is a problem our entire state needs to work to stop. She says she plans to meet with city officials on May 8 to discuss the best strategy moving forward."
- Marty Kemp – First Lady of Georgia
- Jan Jones – Speaker Pro Tempore
- Vic Reynolds – Director, Georgia Bureau of Investigations
- Allison Ausband – Senior Vice President of In-Flight Service, Delta Air Lines
- Stephanie Blank – Board Chair, Georgia Early Education Alliance for Ready Students and President, Naserian Foundation
- Sherry Boston – DeKalb County District Attorney
- Mary Frances Bowley – Executive Director, Wellspring Living
- Chris Carr – Georgia Attorney General
- Dr. Meria Carstarphen – Superintendent, Atlanta Public Schools
- Geoff Duncan – Georgia Lieutenant Governor
- Evia Golde – Community Advocate, United Way of Greater Atlanta
- Donna Hyland – CEO, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Katie Kirkpatrick – Chief Policy Officer, Metro Atlanta Chamber
- Dave McCleary – Vice Chair Rotary Action Group Against Slavery, Rotary International and Founder/CEO, End Human Trafficking Now
- Danelle McCusker – President of Human Resources US Domestic Operations, UPS
- Richard Moultrie – Assistant US Attorney and Chief, Violent Crime and National Security Section
- Jay Neal – Director, Criminal Justice Coordinating Council
- Gene Rackley – Director of Government Relations, Coca-Cola Company
- Tom Rawlings – Director, Division of Family and Children Services
- Heather Stockdale – CEO, Georgia Cares
- Michelle Wallace – Senior Vice President - Clinical Operations, Grady Health System
- Camila Zolfaghari – Vice President of Policy, Street Grace