Delta SkyMiles is making big improvements for Diamond Medallion Members’ Choice Benefits – a loyalty program feature that only Delta provides its elite members.
Choice Benefits are designed to give Delta’s most loyal members the unique power to self-select options to customize their travel experience and gain the greatest value for their status.
Starting Feb. 1, when qualifying for 2018 status, Diamond Medallion members will be able to make three Choice Benefits selections instead of the current two. In addition, members will have added flexibility with a new feature that enables selecting the three Choice Benefits at different times throughout the Medallion year versus being restricted to selecting all at once. Choice Benefits options include Upgrade Certificates, Delta Sky Club Individual or Executive Memberships, Delta Sky Club Guest Pass, the ability to gift status, bonus miles, travel or retail gift cards and Global Entry application vouchers.
“Delta is the only airline that provides an amazing loyalty program feature like Choice Benefits.” said Sandeep Dube, Vice President – Customer Engagement and Loyalty. “We spend a lot of time with our members understanding how to make SkyMiles better for them. The additional Choice Benefit and the new more flexible selection process was made in response to member feedback to make SkyMiles even more rewarding for our Diamond Medallion members.”
A key component to the change is moving Delta Sky Club access to a Choice Benefit option for Diamond Medallion members. This move offers a large number of members who already have other means to enter Delta Sky Club, such as the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express, the opportunity for an additional Choice Benefit selection.
The full list of new improvements to the Choice Benefits program include:
Starting Feb. 1, 2017 for both 2017 and 2018 Medallion Year Choice Benefit Selections:
- Diamond Medallion members now have the flexibility to select their Choice Benefits at different times.
Starting Feb. 1, 2017 for 2018 Medallion Year Choice Benefit Selections Only:
- Members who achieve Diamond Medallion status for the 2018 Medallion year will now receive three Choice Benefit selections instead of two.
- Diamond Medallion members will still have access to Delta Sky Club membership, which must now be selected via Choice Benefits starting with the 2018 Medallion year.
- An Individual Membership can be selected by using one Choice Benefit or an Executive Membership can be selected by using two Choice Benefits.
- Diamond Medallion members who have complimentary club access via an eligible credit card will have the new option to select a Delta Sky Club Guest Pass to receive unlimited access for up to two guests per visit when traveling with the card member.
- Diamond and Platinum Medallion members will now have the option to gift bonus miles to another member’s SkyMiles account.
- Diamond Medallion members will now have the ability to make multiple selections of the same benefit, excluding Global and Regional Upgrade Certificates and Delta Sky Club memberships.
Delta continues to improve the SkyMiles experience for all its members. Over the past two years Delta has given its members more ways to redeem miles at lower price points including offering One-Way Awards starting at 10,000 miles and the ability to earn miles with new partners like Airbnb. The airline has also improved its companion upgrade policy and offers monthly themed award sales with deep discounts to popular destinations – all with no blackout dates and miles that never expire.
“Our goal is to keep customers coming back to Delta, no matter how often they fly,” Dube said.
Delta is communicating directly with SkyMiles members to ensure each understands how the new and improved Choice Benefits program can benefit them, and has refreshed the SkyMiles Choice Benefits webpage that outlines the program in its entirety.