Delta people were more generous than ever this year in their donations to the United Way, raising than $1.79 million for the airline’s 2016 annual campaign.
From giving donations to participating in volunteer events large and small, employees supported and connected with United Way’s work throughout the campaign, which kicked off in late August. This year’s campaign was particularly collaborative with more special events and volunteerism than ever before.
“Giving back is a huge part of Delta’s culture, and Delta people are proud to support the communities where they live and work,” said Steve Sear, President – International & Executive Vice President – Global Sales. “This year, we’ve really shown how far we’ll go to make a difference.”
Additionally, stations across the system held multiple events to raise money and engage with their communities. Some even held events into December – well past the end of the financial campaign on Sept. 30.
Here are some notable statistics from this year’s campaign:
- $1.79 million raised – surpassing last year’s $1.72 million
- 48+ volunteer and special events coordinated by United Way Ambassadors across the system – twice as many as previous campaigns
- 11 United Way chapters and the communities they support benefitted from Delta’s efforts
- 1000+ book bags with school supplies delivered to multiple United Way chapters
- 15 lunches with executives auctioned
- Several hundred hot dogs, nachos, bowls of chili and Biscoff cookies prepared, sold and consumed across the system to raise money
- 6,000+ pennies collected in “penny wars”
- Hundreds of lives positively impacted
Delta and United Way have partnered for more than 30 years to support United Way's mission to improve the lives of all individuals and families through programs that provide educational resources, day-to-day stability, good nutrition and access to healthcare.
For more information about Delta’s fundraising opportunities, visit Delta’s Force for Global Good page on Deltanet.