- New Travel Planning Center on delta.com offers guide for returning to travel with interactive map, testing resources and more
- More to come: Delta to launch new test verification functionality later this spring in select markets
As more customers return to travel, Delta is making it easier for customers to understand and explore their options with all-new, easy-to-use travel planning resources on delta.com.
“Our team has been listening closely to our customers to really reimagine how to equip them with more of the resources and tools they need to plan their next trip,” said Rhonda Crawford, S.V.P. – Global Distribution & Digital Strategy. “From evolving our interactive travel map to adding new testing resources that streamline the experience, we are focused on delivering additional clarity and simplicity as customers get back to flying.”
Customers visiting delta.com will notice several updates, including:
- Delta’s new Travel Planning Center is easy to understand and navigate, with everything you need within a couple of clicks.
- An updated Delta Discover Map now filters by which destinations are most open for travel, includes the ability to obtain real-time pricing in dollars, miles and Delta Vacations packages, and allows for searching by popular destination types including beaches, cities or outdoor getaways. Powered by xCheck and Smartvel, customers have more resources to go somewhere familiar or discover a new favorite spot.
- We’ve added additional testing resources for customers traveling to destinations that require a negative COVID-19 test result, both in-person and in-home, along with a guide that takes the guesswork out of planning.
As customers dive into trip planning, they can look forward to new routes and more flights to summer’s most popular leisure destinations, such as Alaska, the Mountain West, beach destinations and even Iceland – the first European country to reopen to vaccinated Americans.
Testing our vision for a seamless, digital journey
Delta’s approach to innovation is about thinking big, starting small and learning fast – and our efforts to offer a seamless travel journey are no different.
Coming later this spring, eligible customers on select international routes will be able to use a new digital solution for a seamless check-in, test verification and boarding for those traveling from the U.S. to select international destinations.
“This test brings months of cross-industry collaboration to life, and the insights we hope to gain will be critical in shaping the future international travel experience,” said Delta’s Matt Muta, V.P. – Innovation.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, Delta has worked with trusted partners like TrustAssure, The Commons Project Foundation, IATA, CLEAR and other partners across the industry to align on key standards and digital-focused best practices that can be put in place to aid the global recovery.
Customers eligible to participate in the upcoming test will receive further communication from Delta in the days leading up to travel on how to sign up.