Over the past two months, Delta has transformed the industry standard of clean indefinitely, while offering customers more space across the travel journey in the wake of the global pandemic – because nothing is more important than the health and safety of our employees and customers.
Some of these measures include, but are not limited to:
- Blocking middle seats and capping seating at 50% in First Class and 60% in other cabins to give customers more space
- Sanitizing 100% of flights before boarding with electrostatic sprayers
- Boarding from back-to-front to reduce the need for customers to pass by one another
- Streamlining food service to reduce touch points on board
- Cleaning cabin air with advanced air filtration systems known as HEPA filters
- Requiring all customers to wear a face covering across Delta touchpoints
Delta's new infographic is separated into five distinct travel segments: check-in, security, boarding, on board, and your seat - all designed to showcase the extra layers of protection Delta is providing customers across their travel with us.
“In a couple of short months, Delta people have transformed the industry standard for cleanliness with the same passion and dedication they’re known for in serving our customers around the world,” said Bill Lentsch, Delta’s Chief Customer Experience Officer. “As more and more people get ready to travel again, they can be confident the measures we are taking across the journey will help protect their safety.”
Delta will continue evaluating and adjusting our processes while remaining in close coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other health organizations to ensure the safety of all our employees and customers. Learn more about Delta’s COVID-19 response on Delta News Hub and everything customers need to know about traveling with Delta on Delta.com.