On Friday morning a contingent of more than 150 State Troopers, emergency and FEMA personnel will arrive in San Juan on Delta's third humanitarian flight to the island. Flight 9771, operated on a Boeing 767-300, will depart New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport at 6 a.m., bringing humanitarian aid and medical supplies. The flight will operate as a commercial flight out of San Juan with room for 226 customers.
The humanitarian flight was coordinated after Delta contacted the governor's office in Puerto Rico on Monday, Sept. 25. Governor Ricardo Rosello requested a widebody aircraft to carry non-residents off of the island and Delta teams across the company worked quickly to make the necessary arrangements.
On Thursday, Delta sent its first humanitarian flight out of New York — its second flight to San Juan within a week of Hurricane Maria's devastation — transporting more than 26,000 pounds of much needed supplies.
Friday, the airline will operate a total of nine commercial flights to and from San Juan in addition to the humanitarian flight.
|6 a.m.||10 a.m.|
|DL443 JFK-SJU||8:05 a.m.||12:08 p.m.|
|DL2571 JFK-SJU||Noon||3:50 p.m.|
|DL326 SJU-JFK||7:05 a.m.||11:01 a.m.|
|DL302 SJU-JFK||1:05 p.m.||5:01 p.m.|
|DL332 SJU-JFK||4:55 p.m.||8:51 p.m.|
|DL559 ATL-SJU||9:46 a.m.||1:23 p.m.|
|DL1387 ATL-SJU||11 a.m.||2:35 p.m.|
|DL506 SJU-ATL||11 a.m.||2:46 p.m.|
|DL1595 SJU-ATL||3:30 p.m.||7:14 p.m.|
Delta continues to work with San Juan's Luis Munoz Marin International Airport to operate flights within the constraints of damage to the airport caused by Hurricane Maria.
In addition, Delta has extended its cap on fares to and from San Juan.
Fare caps and fee waivers in San Juan and the Caribbean
- Delta has extended a fare cap to all continental U.S. markets to/from San Juan.
- A fare cap to and from San Juan on nonstop itineraries now extends through Oct. 16 at $199 in the main cabin and $399 in First Class.
- A fare cap is now also in place for connecting itineraries to any continental U.S. destination through Oct. 16 at $299 for main cabin service and $499 for First Class.
- The airline has capped fares for non-stop flights for flights to and from Atlanta and St. Thomas until Oct. 9, as well as for flights to and from Atlanta and St. Maarten until Oct. 1.
- Delta is temporarily waiving baggage and pet in cabin fees for customers traveling to and from San Juan and several other airports in the region. Baggage limits apply. See delta.com for a more information.
- To maximize space in the cargo hold for relief supplies, customers traveling to San Juan will temporarily be limited to three checked bags per ticketed passenger. The checked bag limit does not apply to customers traveling from San Juan.
- Ticketed customers should arrive at the airport at least two hours before their scheduled flight.