You Can’t Stop Seattle – that is the message Delta is sending with the launch of a locally relevant, regional ad campaign targeting customers in Delta’s growing West Coast hub.
The campaign is marked by Delta’s first TV spot localized for Seattle and celebrates Delta’s relationships with the city’s beloved local teams – including the Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Sounders FC – as well as its support of community organizations close to the hearts of Delta people.
The spot follows a young female architect who is inspired by a map of Seattle in the historic Seattle Public Library. This map comes to life through animation, telling the story of a city of modern pioneers who found balance between progression and tradition, sitting precisely half-way between Tokyo and London. Through highlighting local landmarks such as CenturyLink Field, the Space Needle and the Center of the Universe Pole in Fremont, the spot demonstrates that this burgeoning hub was born from the momentum of the people in the city, and that they are just hitting their stride.
The campaign ladders up to Delta’s brand purpose strategy of enabling the pursuit of opportunity and will include:
- TV programming, including Saturday Night Live, The Today Show, The Tonight Show, Top Chef, Big Bang Theory, MLS games, local morning news and sports programming with ROOT Sports.
- an increased investment in billboards and other out-of-home media, including an upcoming ad domination at Sea-Tac’s checkpoint 3.
- print ads aligned around key community moments and cultural events, like Seattle Pride and Seahawks and Sounders FC openers.
- increased investment in radio during morning and evening commutes
- increased presence in internal channels like the airport.
- a digital partnership with VOX to bring Delta’s messaging to lifestyle and sports content, including a homepage takeover on SB Nation to drive awareness of the Sounders FC partnership.
Delta is the largest global carrier at Sea-Tac and this summer will offer more than 150 peak-day flights to 44 destinations. The campaign supports the airline’s Flight Plan goal to increase customer loyalty in SEA hub and grow SkyMiles® penetration to 42 percent of SEA local enplanements.