Delta has again won the gold award for Overall U.S. Carrier at this year's Travel Weekly Magellan Awards. The airline also earned two silver awards in the Airport Lounge and Small Business Airline Loyalty Program categories. Additionally, Delta Vacations has earned three gold and three silver awards, including for Tour Operators overall and its marketing and promotional efforts.
“The Delta people are the best in the business, and they aim to do more each day for our customers than they did the day before,” said Bob Somers, Delta’s Senior Vice President – Global Sales. “We are grateful that travelers and industry experts recognize the effort we put into delivering an outstanding product for our customers.”
“Congratulations to the Delta and Delta Vacations teams on these exciting wins. Your hard work and unwavering commitment enables Delta to deliver experiences that our customers love,” said Sandeep Dube, Delta’s Senior Vice President – Customer Engagement & Loyalty and CEO – Delta Vacations.
The Travel Weekly Magellan Awards honor a broad range of industry segments including Hotels and Resorts, Travel Destinations, Cruise Lines, Online Travel Services, Airlines and Airports, Travel Agents and Agencies, Tour Operators and Car Rental Companies. Award winners were selected by a panel of judges with deep expertise of the industry.
Delta Air Lines Awards
- Gold – Overall U.S. Carrier
- Silver – Overall Best Small Business Airline Loyalty Program (SkyBonus)
- Silver – Overall Airport Lounge (Delta Sky Club DCA)
Delta Vacations Awards
- Gold – Tour Operators Overall
- Gold – Marketing Campaign (The Atlanta Campaign)
- Gold – Marketing Promotional Video (Delta Vacations University)
- Silver – Tour Operators Overall Educations Program (Delta Vacations University & WorldAgent Direct)
- Silver – Print Advertising (Azores Sky Magazine spread)
- Silver – Trade Website (WorldAgent Direct)