When aspiring aviators set foot in a classroom among scenic environs of Florida’s Atlantic Coast, they’ll be taking their first steps toward a long and rewarding career as a Delta pilot.
Delta’s Propel Flight Academy officially opened Tuesday in Vero Beach with city and county dignitaries, Delta pilots, students and others on hand to usher in a new era of workforce development and pilot career paths.
Young aviators who dream of being Delta pilots now have four different, clearly defined pathways: the new Propel Flight Academy and the growing Propel Collegiate, Company and Community programs.
“I’m so proud to work with Delta,” said Skyborne CEO Lee Woodward. “I think the future for this academy, clearly, will get better and better. This is going to be the flagship partner training academy in the world.”
Five amazing things about this stellar Vero Beach facility:
- As with the other Propel career pathways, students can apply to begin training with Delta providing eligible students with up to $20,000 in financial support.
- The laboratory is an airfield
- World-class instructors
- Just minutes away from pristine Atlantic beaches
Why Propel is a compelling choice for aspiring aviators:
“This is a set path and gives people a clear direction to go from no flying experience and end up at the best carrier in the world,” said Atlanta-based A350 First Officer Melissa F., who attended today’s event at Vero Beach and met with Skyborne students.
Eight great reasons why Delta is different from other airlines for pilot careers:
- Fleet: On course for new, state-of-the-art and fuel-efficient aircraft including Airbus A321neo, A330neos and A350s and Boeing 737-10s.
- Job security: Delta has a long track record of protecting our people’s safety, well-being, financial health and much more.
- Base locations: Superb lifestyle flexibility with bases located across the United States.
- Compensation and Retirement: Industry-leading total compensation, including the industry’s best profit sharing program and 401(k) contributions.
- Growth: Broad initiatives for career advancement throughout the company
- Global reach
- Transparent leadership: Pilot leadership connects with Delta pilots through frequent and candid touchpoints.
- Well-being: Delta’s culture encourages our people to put their safety, health and well-being first with many great support offerings.
“Delta is not just a place where you fly airplanes. It’s a place where you can work with the best people on the planet,” said Capt. Patrick Burns, V.P. – Flight Operations & System Chief Pilot.