Beginning Jan. 30, Delta is introducing new and enhanced SkyMiles rewards with Hertz based on the dollar amount spent on car rentals.
SkyMiles Members will now earn extra miles according to their status with Delta:
- Diamond Medallion: eight miles per $1 spent*.
- Platinum Medallion: seven miles per $1.
- Gold Medallion: six miles per $1.
- Silver Medallion: five miles per $1.
- SkyMiles Member: four miles per $1.
Additionally, all Delta SkyMiles Medallion Members will now receive elite status with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, depending on their earned Medallion status with Delta:
- Diamond and Platinum Medallion receive President’s Circle status.
- Gold and Silver Medallion receive Five Star status.
SkyMiles Members will also continue to earn miles with Thrifty and Dollar at four miles per $1*.
“We’re constantly looking for ways to make membership even more rewarding for our SkyMiles Members—whether in the air or on the ground,” said Ai Stiver, V.P. of Merchandising and Ancillary Revenue at Delta. “SkyMiles benefits extend beyond the flight and reward our Members throughout the whole journey. In partnership with Hertz, we are thrilled to extend status match and accelerated mileage earn on car rentals booked on Delta.com or on our Fly Delta App.”
The Hertz preferred partnership is yet another example of Delta’s commitment to delivering valuable customer experiences on the ground and in the air. Recently, Delta announced that it will be the first major U.S. airline to introduce fast, free Wi-Fi for all via Members’ SkyMiles accounts and unveiled the Delta Sync Exclusives Hub — a new, SkyMiles-unlocked mobile platform coming this spring aimed at elevating the in-flight connectivity experience with exclusive offers, access and entertainment from beloved brands.
“We’re thrilled to continue our partnership with Delta with these new and enhanced car rental benefits to SkyMiles members through our Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty brands, including elite-tier status match in Hertz Gold Plus Rewards,” said Laura Smith, Hertz Executive Vice President of Sales and Customer Experience. “Both Hertz and Delta are committed to bringing value to our mutual air and car rental customers while providing an exceptional travel experience.”
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards members receive benefits that make renting a car faster, easier and more rewarding. Members can skip the counter at more than 50 airports worldwide and earn exclusive benefits, vehicle upgrades and more.
As always, the SkyMiles program continues to lead with industry-first program enhancements such as:
- miles that don’t expire
- no blackout dates for Award tickets on any Delta Air Lines flight
- the ability to earn toward Status on Award Travel
- unlimited mileage accrual for tickets for any Member
- expanded upgrade opportunities to give customers more access to premium seats on both domestic and international flights