Once again, corporate travel professionals have rated Delta No. 1 in the annual Business Travel News Airline Survey for the 13th year in a row, citing Delta’s extraordinary customer service, distribution channels, expansive network, and quality of communications as the best in the business.
“Each and every day, we work to earn our customers’ trust and loyalty, and winning this award for an unprecedented 13 years in a row inspires us to keep improving and delivering for our customers,” said Steve Sear, E.V.P., Global Sales and Distribution. “Delta continues to invest heavily in our service, our network, and the entire business traveler experience. And we couldn’t have done it without our people.”
Business Travel News is the leading global source of business travel information and intelligence, reaching more than 44,000 corporate customers who are responsible for setting travel policy, buying business travel, and managing meetings and events for their companies.
The annual survey asks corporate travel professionals to rank airlines on a variety of attributes, including customer service, sales support, distribution, network, products and services. Delta led in nearly every category once again this year.
In 2023, Delta has undertaken a number of efforts to continually improve the business travel experience, including:
- Introducing fast, free onboard Wi-Fi — enabling business at 30,000 feet — for SkyMiles Members on most domestic mainline aircraft. Delta also recently announced a new partnership with Hughes to bring streaming-capable connectivity to its fleet of regional jets beginning mid-2024.
- Expanding Delta’s industry-first Global Sales Support (GSS) chat product to 24/7-availability for customers so support is always available for customers, whenever they need it.
- Offering customized solutions tailored to each account and their travel footprint to elevate the journey for business travelers every step of the way, whether that’s contracting, integrating joint venture partners or negotiating flexibility.
- Refreshing onboard food and beverage options, creating a restaurant experience at cruising altitude.
- Opening five new Delta Sky Clubs in 2023 — EWR, BOS, MSP, JFK and the only airline lounge at MCI — with plans for additional expansions next year.
- Announcing its largest-ever trans-Atlantic schedule for 2024, including new service to Naples and additional routes to Ireland, Zurich and more.
- Continuing to improve operational reliability, getting customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, to get business done.
“In a year of monumental change in the industry, Delta has maintained our steadfast commitment to our corporate and agency partners, and this historic win is validation that we’ve taken the right path,” said Bob Somers, S.V.P., Global Sales. “The BTN survey is Delta Business’ report card for how we’re meeting customer needs in the areas they value most. We’re honored to see they appreciate what we’re doing — putting them at the forefront of every decision we make. We’ll continue to build upon this momentum, while remaining humble and hungry to do even better for them in the years ahead.”Delta is consistently recognized for excellence in customer experience, operational performance, and workplace culture. In 2023 alone, Delta has been named the World’s Most Admired Airline by Fortune; the Best Airline for 2023 by WalletHub; the best airline in North America by the Skytrax World Airline Awards; the best U.S. airline by The Points Guy; and much more.